Thursday, May 19, 2011

Leaving for Guangzhou tomorrow night.

All is well. Adriana has been eating and sleeping great. I just put her to bed in her duck pajamas. Its funny but when you put her in her crib there is no fussing at all. She is usually asleep within a few minutes.

Yesterday we went on a half day tourto Teng Wang Ge. It is a famous Chinese pagoda type building. It has been hot and humid. Its gonna be worse in Guangzhou. Today we went on a half day tour to XiangHu Park. It is a beautiful park with a lake and lots of trees. There are people dancing, singing and excercising alone and in big groups.

Adriana was funny at one of our lunches. We fed her some noodles and they were hanging out of her mouth. She knows how to slurp them right in. She was a hit as everyone was watching. Today she did the same thing with the noodles. But when she slurped the last one in her head dropped and she fell asleep. She has been a very happy baby and she smiles all the time. We can get her to giggle and laugh too. She wasn't too happy about her bath today though. I think we timed it before she was fully awake from a nap.

Tomorrow we have some brief paperwork to do at 9:30 am then we have to leave for the airport around 5 or 5:30 pm. Its under a two hour flight so it shouldn't be too bad.

Traffic is ridiculous here. Between mopeds, bycyles, cars and truck all zooming through the intersection at the same time all heading into different directions. I video taped some of it but I just can't believe there is not a million accidents a day here.

We can't wait to get home. Cindy has still been waking a 3 in the morning. I have now been exhausted so I've been doing pretty good. I usually get up and make some coffee and wait for Adriana to get up. We go down for the buffet breakfast. Adriana has been eating scrambled eggs, banana's, rice congee, noodles along with her usual rice cereal and formula.

Tomorrow we should be getting Adriana's passport. Today we got her Birth Certificate.

Should be fun in Guangzhou. We are looking forward to different Scenery. The guide said that this is one of the poorest Provinces in China. It is very industrial and the smog is very bad here. They normally don't even see the sun because it never gets through the smog. It poked through once in a while.

Hope all is well. My next post will be from Guangzhou. Only a week left and we will be home. Can't wait to get my computer fixed so I can post more photo's and some video.

Cindy has been laying out all of Adriana's cloths each day. Its funny some of the cloths just fit and others are large on her. She seems long but has a good belly on her like her father. People keep telling us that she looks like me.

Yes she says "Dada". But I can't take any credit she said that within an hour of getting her. I keep rubbing it in with Cindy though.

I'll be posting in a few days.....

3 comments:

azloafer said...

Everything sounds like it is going well. We are glad that you were able to post. Adriana sounds like a very content baby. Do you think that the difference in electricity fried your computer part? It is so nice to hear what is going on there. We can't wait for the day that we can hold her! Mom & Pop

Bruto said...

That's some good stuff there. The sitting up drinking coffee part sounded familiar, he, he. You guys are very lucky to have such a cooperative baby. Good to hear from you. Holdin' the fort down here, but it hasn't been easy. Better stock up on some Melon soda for that Guangzhou trip - I understand it is HOT there.

Michele M said...

I really enjoyed following along and hearing about Nanchang as we will be there on the 29th. Any hints or suggestions? I know, steer clear of the Melon Soda LOL

Adriana sounds wonderful~